Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BEDA #27: Addictions


A List Addict's List of Addictions II
I did something similar to this last year. Most of these aren't so much "addictions" as "things I do a lot". Either way, they vary depending on where I am. Let's break this down.

Current addictions:
  • 30 Rock - Surely this doesn't require much explanation. It's fun to watch, it has great characters, an amazing ensemble cast, and clever writing. It has to be the most hilarious show I've ever watched. We actually finished Season 3 last night and, to be honest, I'm getting a little burnt out. The plan is to save Season 4 until it airs on UK television.
  • Chai tea: Thanks to Steven, who recommended it when I met up with him in Santa Barbara about a month ago. I still haven't been able to make it the way I like with a tea bag, but hot and iced versions from the coffee shop are tasty and extremely addictive.
  • Nutella Sandwiches - Partly a symptom of being skint, and partly because I don't have to ask my mum to buy it and suffer her judgemental stare when she notes that it's the 3rd new jar in 4 weeks.
  • Blogging - Can you tell? I've actually found BEDA to be surprisingly easy this year. With only 4 days left (including today), I have to say I think I will actually miss it. Uncultured Critic has suffered a little in the process, but there have only been a few days where I really didn't feel like blogging. Great success!
  • California - I was meant to be here for 4 weeks, now it's going on 7. Sincere thanks to Eyjafjallajökull, the Icelandic volcano responsible for keeping me here. Seeing palm trees, sunshine, and my boyfriend every day makes me happy.

At-home addictions:
  • Tea - A home-made mug of classic English Breakfast tea with a splash of milk. Deeelish.
  • Cinema-going - I can't wait to get home to my Unlimited card and friends who want to see all of the films that are currently out! There are a few out at home that I missed here, and a few releases in the coming weeks that I want to catch.
  • Coffee Dates - My friends are making a mass emigration into the city centre and west end, so I think the number of these can only increase once I return home. There's nothing I enjoy more than sipping a tea or coffee and having a blether, and accompanied with a wander around town and the bookshop complement these outings perfectly. I have loads of people to catch up with so hopefully there will be lots of these to come.
Other little things: Twitter; Google Reader; watching Gilmore Girls re-runs; Glee; baseball (for now); taking the train; In-n-Out burger; comedy shows; pub quizes with friends.

What are your addictions?

'Til Tomorrow!
Nicola x

2 comments:

the_young_dude said...

Cigarettes! There you go, so much worse than Nutella Sandwiches! And also buying books (instead of borrowing them..), reading the Believer, doodling on everything, etc, etc...

Autumn said...

Yay for 30 Rock! I have never had Chai tea. I don't really drink coffee or tea, it's a taste thing, but several people have recommended starting with Chai. And Nutella brings back memories of my high school French classes!