Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BEDA #13: Unique Skills?


Today's theme is Unique Skills, but I'm not sure that I have any. I don't have a party trick, I'm not double jointed, and I can't make any weird shapes with my tongue. I can touch-type like a pro (88wpm with 2 errors last I tested it), remember the words to probably about 2/3rds of all mid-late-1990s UK number ones, and quote the entire scrips of Clueless and Pirates of the Caribbean (even though I haven't really watched either film since I was about 15)... but I doubt those are particularly unique.

I do have some quirks, though, I suppose. I like making up schedules (totally miss university in the US for this reason), colour-coding my diary, and making lists of everything from what to pack for a 12-hour flight with 2 connections to book-to-film adaptations that I need to read and/or see. There was a guy on Jeopardy the other day who said he liked to make lists of weird and interesting things. His example was that he found out Brian May of Queen has a PHd, so he made a list of "super-educated rock stars". Before I even had time to react, Evan nudged me and said, "You guys must be soulmates!".

Do you have any weird, unusual, or truly unique skills?

'Til Tomorrow!
Nicola x

[Image by Sonja Vordermaier.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make all sorts of lists, and I color code my planner. I got a compliment on my color coding once during an creative non-fiction workshop...

The only unusual thing I can think of is how I sit when I'm studying, playing video games, or waiting for class to start. I tend to curl up in impossible positions that baffles those passing by and makes my roommate cringe.

Ana said...

Nop, not really.
I love that picture!

Unknown said...

Jackie - You should do a post about it! One thing I majorly nerd out over is LJ's community called organizers. Haha, I know what you mean about the curling up, too.

Ana - Thanks! You've become quite the Tumblr connoisseur lately, I might use a few I favourited from you.