Giants Park
I'll be honest, I was a little bit sneaky when it came to laying out our themes and dates. One of my favourite sports is baseball. Yes, it has a lot to do with the fact that I have an American boyfriend who adores it, and whose dad invites us over to watch it several times a week when it's baseball season. My team - their team - our team, is the San Francisco Giants.
Grizzy Park
My first baseball game was during summer of 2006, when I first visited California. We went to a AAA game, which is kind of like 1st division in British football leagues. It's the lower skill level, like the little brother team to the Giants, and the team is called the Fresno Grizzlies. Amidst his explanation of the rules, Evan quickly realised that anyone who could hear our conversation would know I'm "not from 'round 'ere!" Baseball is the quintessential American sport. Although I don't always have the patience to sit through an entire match, I love to go to games for the hot dogs and the atmosphere.
We went to see the Giants at a Spring training game yesterday in San Francisco. Unfortunately it was absolutely pissing down rain and the Mariners won by a large margin. It was fun, but a wee bit of a shame since we had such good seats. Maybe next time!
In other news, I've spent all day writing up my WonderCon coverage. The first is on Radical Axis Studios, and is live at Uncultured Critic. Toy Story 3 coverage will be live tomorrow!
'Til tomorrow!
Nicola x


2 comments:
Sounds fun! I'd love to go to a baseball game.
Aaah I've been to a real life baseball game! I went to see the D-backs when I was visiting my friends in Arizona. Took me pretty much the whole game to eventually get the hang of what was going on but I was pretty in to it the last 10 minutes or so!
Post a Comment