Happy Thursday!
- Sunny California - Again, and always. There was a storm and a fair bit of rain earlier in the week, but it brightened up and is now back to its former 23C glory. When i get home next week, it's probably going to be about 12C and raining, so I'm enjoying this as much as I can, while I can. It's making me wish I could stay longer. Next time I'm here it'll be in the region of 35C, smoggy, and dry.
- Baseball - The Giants are playing well, and it has been a lot of fun to watch. We change it up between watching at home and going to Evan's dad's house to watch it with his family. The current record is 7-2 (wins-losses) so it has been a great early season so far! We're not accustomed to the Giants winning so much. The local AAA league team, the Fresno Grizzlies, is the Giants' little brother team, and their season starts tomorrow. A couple of the Giants' rising stars are playing, including Buster Posey and Madison Bumgarner (some names, huh!), so we're going to the opening game. I can't wait to watch the setting sun, eat hot dogs and watch my last live game for a few months.
- Bookshop Cafés - I've been stealing away to Barnes & Noble to focus, sip tea, and write. To my astonishment I've been getting a lot done. It should be a given, but it still surprises me how much I can get done before my netbook battery dies when I'd usually be distracted, checking Twitter and emails and looking up every insignificant detail of which I'm unsure. It made me think, too. If you're a freelance writer or graphic designer or whatever and only need a computer to work but have trouble knucking down at home; is the bi-hourly purchase of coffee comparable to paying rent on an office? I wonder.
Little loves: Iced vanilla lattes in the sunshine; sitting on the back porch at night with Evan and his sister; catching up on 30 Rock; long lies; walking ; Glee (I know); Netflix live stream; the usual suspects!
What's brightening up your Thursday?
[Photo by Richard Herrmann - It's a Mola Mola, the largest fish in the world.]

No comments:
Post a Comment