Sunday, April 18, 2010

BEDA #17: Books


At last, my favourite BEDA topic. Books!

As you may know, I have been doing the 50 Book Challenge for the past couple of years. I'm currently working my way through You Shall Know Our Velocity! by Dave Eggers and Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. I've been on a pretty heavy Augusten Burroughs kick of late. At the beginning of the year I was working two jobs and wanted to read some easy rubbish, so please don't judge me when you see what follows: a list of the books I've read so far this year.

  1. Are You Dave Gorman? - Dave Gorman & Danny Wallace
  2. Magical Thinking - Augusten Burroughs
  3. Yes Man - Danny Wallace
  4. Stephen Fry in America - Stephen Fry
  5. Straight Man - Richard Russo
  6. It's Only a Movie: Reel Life Adventures of a Film Obsessive - Mark Kermode
  7. Possible Side Effects - Augusten Burroughs
  8. Embroideries - Marjane Satrapi
  9. For Esme ~ With Love & Squalor (a.k.a. Nine Stories) - J.D. Salinger
  10. Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
  11. The Confessions of Max Tivoli - Andrew Sean Greer
  12. Suite Française - Irène Némirovsky
  13. Will Grayson Will Grayson - John Green & David Levithan
We're coming to the end of week 15 of 2010, so I'm actually a little behind the target of 1 per week at the moment.


If you have any book recommendations for me, please let me know!

What are you reading?

'Til Tomorrow!
Nicola x

[Photo from ABC.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Boy Detective Fails by Joe Meno! It's one of my absolute favorite books.

The Girl said...

I need to read Yes Man. I read Join Me and that book caused me to laugh out loud in public several times. It was just so funny.

At the moment I am battling my way through Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. Key focus on the word "Battling". Not. enjoying. it.