Saturday, April 25, 2009

BEDA #25: A List Addict's List of Addictions



(Image found via f*yeahandysamberg)


A list post inspired by the Secret Society of List Addicts.

Since they class list-making as an addiction, here's a list of more of my...

Addictions!

- Andy Samberg: (Pictured above!) I love him. So much. He's my beautiful Jew-crush. A couple of days ago I found this beautiful piece of user-generated internet content and - to put it simply - my life is pretty much complete.

- E4: For non-UKers, E4 is a channel that's pretty much aimed at students and the 18-30 age group in general. On weekdays they play about 5 hours of shows in three cycles (or thereabouts), and I'm hooked on Scrubs & Gilmore Girls, as well as being partial to some Friends re-runs and the odd episode of One Tree Hill. Paired with my parents' DVR? Deeeelish.

- Pixar: Could you tell? Apparently our lovely independent (but not quite as independent as it used to be) music & DVD shop, Fopp, has lots of their DVDs for £3 a pop. I need to get over there. I'm dying to watch Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc.

- Slowly Becoming Liz Lemon: This began without intention but it's becoming more and more true. I've always done the big hoodie when I'm stressed, dealing with people who have faaar too much self-importance, being physically thin but grotesquely gluttonous, & etc. Today I realised the extent to which this is happening, when I found myself buying 6 bottles of wine for £17 and a massive back of cheese puffs, all the while wishing I had a treadmill to walk slowly on and make drunken & dramatic phone-calls. (If you don't watch 30 Rock, this all made negative sense. I apologise.)

- Buying Books: I can't help it. I really, really can't.

Havering Over What to Do With My Life: Should I stay or should I go? I have a work visa for the USA for the summer, but now I think I should do a Masters while I can get the funding and am in the way of learning and writing. I don't knooooow where to go or what to do or why. But at least that's keeping my mind occupied, right?

What are your addictions?

Until tomorrow!
Nicola x

1 comment:

Autumn Hill said...

Can I just say that I agree with many of your addictions. I LOVE both Gilmore Girls and 30 Rock (and Liz Lemon).

We already knew we had the book thing in common, and I have no clue what to do with my life.

Oh, and I also think Andy Samberg is pretty darn cute.