Monday, April 5, 2010
BEDA #4: A Celeberiffic WonderCon
Yesterday I spent the entire day at the Moscone Centre in San Francisco for WonderCon. I attended press conferences and panels for Disney's big summer releases: Prince of Persia, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Toy Story 3. I also interviewed Jay Baruchel for The Sorcerer's Apprentice. He's twice as adorable in person and supports Celtic! You can't say much fairer than that. I don't want to spoil it all, so you'll have to wait for my coverage at Obsessed With Film and Geeks.co.uk. As always, it'll be posted first at my film blog, Uncultured Critic.
Oh! And since I know you BEDA girls will know who I'm talking about - I saw Natalie Tran (communitychannel on YouTube)! She was at the first press conference. I wanted to go over and say hi but she was on the phone and then I had to leave early to make my interview appointment.
After all of the Disney stuff, I met up with Evan and we caught the end of the panel for Inception, Trailer Park (a bunch of new film previews), and the Kick-Ass panel. Afterwards, we got up to leave and saw Jonathan Ross sitting behind us! I went over and said hello, and he was really excited to have just watched his wife at a WonderCon panel -- she wrote the screenplay for Kick-Ass. Pretty cool!
The highlight of the day, though, was the Disney-hosted cocktail reception at Roe. I went along and met a bunch of other film writers, including Ed from Coming Soon and Sharon from Audio Hollywood. Ed was kind enough to introduce me to everyone, including the man of the day, Jake Gyllenhaal! I got a picture with him and I told him that I loved the Giving Up the Gun video, so we chatted about Vampire Weekend.
Jay Baruchel, Lee Unkrich, Jonathan Ross, and Jake Gyllenhaal in one day.
Best. Weekend. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Are you freaking kidding me?? I can't even begin to describe how jealous I am. Jay Baruchel and Jake Gyllenhaal in one day? And Jonathan Ross? Wowza.
Why didn't I major in film?
Must go read your other posts!
It was a shame you didn't get to talk to Nat as well! But just seeing her is epic.
Post a Comment