I don't know about you, ladies, but it is Day 12 and I am feeling the burn. It probably doesn't help that I slept for maybe 5 hours and got up early this morning to shock myself out of my horrible sleeping schedule.
Which pretty much sets us up for today's theme: Daily Routines.
I'm pretty sure this one was my idea, but I forget why. I haven't had a set daily routine for... oh, probably about 2 years. My final year at uni involved a semester of film production, during which I rose at various times depending on our shooting schedule, and only had to attend one lecture and one workshop per week. In my final semester, I had 2 classes (meaning 2 lectures of 1 hour each, 5 weeks apart, not 2 per week!), and the rest of the time was devoted to writing my dissertation, eating nutella straight from the jar, making cups of tea, surfing Tumblr, and watching Gilmore Girls while making filled pasta. It was a good semester!
I've been kind-of trying to emulate that lifestyle since then. Since the beginning of 2010, I've had 2 jobs at once, one online job for a few weeks, been unemployed, and covered a couple of events. It's difficult to gain momentum, which is part of why I'm running two blogs, BEDA, and getting out of bed to sit in a room where people are actually studying instead of refreshing Twitter and Facebook until I realise that social networking websites are not a good enough reason to be out of bed before noon.
There are some things I try to do every day, though. Par example:
- Wake up at a reasonable hour. (i.e. Before noon.)
- Drink lots of water.
- Watch a film (or something visually interesting/stimulating).
- Write something, usually try to devote at least an hour.
- Chat to Evan (easy for now!)
- Read: a book, some blogs, an informative website.
What are your daily routines?
'Til Tomorrow!
Nicola x

2 comments:
Your final year at uni sounds awesome, so much free time!
What a nice easy schedule. I'm thinking my last semester and college won't be so pleasant; I'm loading up on all sorts of money and math related classes which will probably make me want to drive my head through the thin apartment walls. Ugh!
My schedule is this:
Wake up before 9:30.
Drink coffee.
Print something out.
Forget to eat.
Go to class.
Come home and eat, do homework, drink tea, then go back to class, OR go to the library to read then come home and eat.
Chat with the boyfriend while surfing tumblr.
Homework, RSS Feed, Homework, RSS Feed, Homework, RSS Feed.
Call the boyfriend again.
Watch a short video before bed. Lately I've been watching School House Rock!
Post a Comment