Sunday, April 19, 2009

BEDA #19: BEDA Buddies!



(Image found via holga)


Becky made a post for Christina, Autumn and I, so I decided to do the same for the three of you! (Also, it's 11.40pm and nothing else was thrilling me - I admit.) So here's a wee bit more about myself.

As you know my name is Nicola, I'm 21 and I live in Scotland. I'm in my 4th year at Stirling University - my major is film and I'm almost finished writing my dissertation on anthropomorphism in Wall-E. Home for me is Glasgow, and I can't wait to move back there officially because I find Stirling incredibly dull. Last year I did a year on exchange and attended University of California, Santa Barbara. My boyfriend also lives in California so it's my home from home (from home?). I love it there. So, so much. I'm going back this summer on a work visa and I can't wait! I've also been considering moving to Vancouver on a 1-year work visa but I'll have to be able to support myself first.

Like Becky I am mad about coffee dates. My friends are all quite spread out so it's the best way to catch up--and a good excuse to hang out in coffee shops and bookshops which, incidentally, are a couple of my favourite places. Most of the rest of my time is spent writing and/or worrying about my dissertation at the moment. I spend a lot of time online reading blogs, on YouTube and Twitter and all that sort of thing. I love a good chat about internet memes. I'm a self-confessed cinéphile but I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a film buff - mostly because I'm surrounded by them in my course. Going to the cinema is still magical to me, I love it.

That's about all I can think to say for now. Do feel free to ask questions and tell me more about yourselves if it made you think of anything. It's fun getting to know you all =)

Until tomorrow!
Nicola x

1 comment:

Becky Jean said...

Very nice. I hesitate to call myself movie buff either. I know lots of random things about certain movies and will watch most things outside of horror and terror. My favorite movie game is to play actor-movie-actor with Gretchen, who is much more a film buff than I am. I'm just a movie-fanatic :)