Monday, April 6, 2009

BEDA #6: 50 Book Challenge


(Image found here.)


I've noticed one or two posts about this already so I expect recommendations! Oddly, I began my 50 books challenge last May sometime, but concentrating on this year is simpler. So far I've read...

1. Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist - David Levithan & Rachel Cohn
2. Bird by Bird - Anne Lamott
3. Animal Farm - George Orwell
4. Shakespeare - Bill Bryson
5. * The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
6. Franny & Zooey - J.D. Salinger
7. Neither Here Nor There - Bill Bryson
8. * Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
9. Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi
10. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
11. Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie
12. * The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
13. Violet & Claire - Francesca Lia Block

The starred ones are my favourites of the year, I recommend them all. This year I've been trying to move out of my comfort zone a bit and read more classics - or, rather, what Penguin tells me are classic. My to-read list has increased at a frankly frightening rate. I think if I didn't finish up at university in May I'd never find the time.

My current read is Stephen Fry's autobiography - Moab is My Washpot. It's so interesting and entertaining, I doubt I'll ever look back on my school days so fondly, although it has made me think about them a little differently. Some people you meet in life are so fascinating and you don't realise it until years later.

One of the most inspiring 50 book challenges I've come across is 52 Books on Tumblr.

If you're doing a reading challenge this year and have blogged about it please link me!

Until tomorrow,
Nicola x

No comments: