Friday, April 24, 2009

BEDA #23: Things I Love Thursday - Friday Edition



(Image found via capel.)


I feel bad for not having posted yesterday so this is a catch-up post.

+ Getting the next 'step' of work done - I edited lots early this week and submitted the full first draft of my dissertation on Wednesday. The downside of this is that whenever I hand in my final thing I always seem to get into a lull and get really tired or sick. Ughhh whyyy?

+ The DVR - Even though the same 2 episodes of Scrubs are repeated thrice daily, skipping the ads feels so gooood.

+ Gift cards - My friend bought me a paypal gift card for my birthday last month, and I didn't know what to do with it. Turns out it acts as a visa once you register it, so I spent the whole thing on Amazon & got 5 new books! Super-saver delivery has definitely improved - they dispatched today and should be with me soon.

+ A train ride & a good book - It is a most excellent combination.

+ Awesome days out with awesome people - Yesterday I went to St. Andrews for their university's Half Cut Film Festival. I went with a course-mate who I studied abroad with and worked with last semester, and we met up with a couple of other study abroad friends and another friend from uni at home. We went to a talk and Q&A with 2 Pixar animators and a Scottish film-maker (his name continuously escapes me... Robert something?). I got to ask a couple of questions and then at the reception had a chat with one of the animators. (I will write more about this today in my post for today!) After that we went to the screening and award-giving, and all 3 of my friends I was who submitted films with won all 3 awards between them. After a looong drive I finally made it home some time after 2am.

Today's proper post will be on its way later this evening. What made your week?

Until... later!
Nicola x

No comments: