Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blog Every Day April

Hello strangers & nerdfighters!

I've been looking for an acceptable way to shake off this hiatus and come back with some real content, & thankfully Maureen Johnson has proffered the perfect way of doing so! It's Blog (or Vlog!) Every Day April; which is pretty self-explanatory, really.

If you're interesting in taking part or are taking part & haven't heard yet, you can find out the basics on the BEDA '09 Twitter

Rather than diving right in I figured that now is a good time to say a bit more about myself. I've always found internet small-talk a tad awkward, but perhaps it'll give an idea of what to expect on here.

My name is Nicola, I'm 21, and I'm a final-year student. Currently working on my film dissertation which is on anthropomorphism in animation - with a special interest in Wall-E. Currently living in Scotland and move between Glasgow and my university town a lot. California is my home from home (from home?) where I studied abroad last year (UCSB) and will be returning this summer! I'm a bit of a bibliophile & am always looking for book recommendations so feel free to offer some suggestions. I spend a lot of time online, picking through posts on Tumblr & Twitter (I'm robotnic on both, feel free to add me!), & catching up on my Google Reader Subscriptions. I love coffee dates, catching up with friends who I don't see often & travelling.

Well, it will be lovely to start meeting you all & I look forward to everyone's posts.

'Til tomorrow!
Nicola

No comments: