
One of my favourite blogs is the Secret Society of List Addicts. Now that I've credited them, it's time to duly rip them off. Just kidding. But really.
All Those Things I Said I'd Do But Haven't... Yet.
+ Read Nineteen Eighty-Four. Okay, seriously now. At one time, back in high school, I was actually jealous that another class were privileged enough to be assigned anything other than The Cone Gatherers (seriously, look it up!). So much so, that I set out to read it. I made it about two-thirds of the way through & gave up, swearing I'd never touch it again. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the first lecture of my second English class at university, you can imagine what they had assigned.I got to about the same point and gave up all over again. I passed my copy onto my unwitting boyfriend on a long train trip... and he loved it. Fortunately, he lent it on to someone else & never saw it again. But now my brother has lent me his copy, & insists I read it before Brave New World. I'll get around to it...
+ Learning to drive. Is it really a necessary skill? I can understand the freedom and all but... so far it has only brought me hassle. I chose not to learn for financial reasons - I can get by taking the train, thank you very much. In order to have a spare ID, however, I got a provisional license (a permit, basically), to save me from having to carry my passport around. But now they don't even accept that as an official form of identification. WHAT?! It went through the same system as my passport. So now, rather than being unable to drive causing issues for transportation, it's causing lack of intoxication. Can't drive? Can't drink. I'll get around to it...
+ Taking up yoga/pilates/hooping/walking... The list goes on. To be honest, I'm happy enough sitting around & eating easter eggs.
+ Catch up on my blog/YT subscriptions. Well, this one is doable. It's a question of whether or not I fancy getting enough sleep. Ahhh I'll get around to it.
A Token Thing I Have Finally Done
Just for fun. . .
+ Do something about my tendinitis/carpal tunnel. So these silly excercises? Turns out their not so daft after all. They do help. Highly recommended.
Maybe now I'll get around to doing one of those other things. In the meantime, show me your lists?
Until tomorrow!
Nicola x
No comments:
Post a Comment