
Tonight, BEDA buddy Becky & I are sharing an evening tipple via the power of Twitter and TwitPic/Dailybooth. Oh, the power of the internet!
It made me think about online friendships and how they come to fruition. I used to frequent a message board for one of my favourite bands, and met most of my online friends there. I also met my boyfriend of 3 years through his real-life friend who posted on it. In all, I've met about 30 people that I met online, and all but one were from that one server. It's crazy how that tends to happen. I did a lot of growing up online and while some people find that strange, the friendships you develop are so interesting.
One, for example, I met on the same board and we met in person a couple of times. Then, when my boyfriend was visiting we met up with her for coffee. This has happened 3 or 4 times now and the most recent time we hadn't seen her for almost two years, but it wasn't awkward at all. Even although I have quite a few online friends who I don't talk to very much online, or see in person for long stretches of time, we have so much fun when we do get together. It's great.
Basically what I'm trying to get at is that I'm so glad MJ set this up, and that it's helping us nerdfighters to connect. My BEDA buddies have been naught but awesome so far and it's fantastic to get to know them.
How has your BEDA buddy experience been going so far? What do you think of online friendships and relationships?
Until tomorrow!
Nicola x
1 comment:
I definitely concur. It has been quite awhile since I made any friends purely online, though it often becomes my main communication with my real life friends since we are all so spread out now.
I am looking forward to seeing how things develop with my BEDA buddies.
Post a Comment