
BEDA & Good Discussions - Despite having missed a couple of days, I'm enjoying BEDA. It's giving me a reason to think of things to write and to get on with it, even though I'd rather use my dissertation as an excuse not to write anything fun or non-academic. After yesterday's post about novel to film adaptations, Roberto has made a post on a similar topic and his experiences. I love it. It's so interesting to read what everyone else has going on and to get into a good discussion about books and the like.
Hanging Out With My Favourite People - My boyfriend is here, which is always grand, and we've been sending a fair amount of time with my family and friends. It's so great to have everyone you love hanging out together and chewing the fat. Love love love it.
Less-Healthy Discussions - Not gonna lie, sometimes it's fun to sit in the pub and have a chat, reminisce on old times, recall our relative fortunateness compared with other students at our school... and so on.
Finding Awesome Hang-Out Spots
&
Catching Up With Old Friends - A double-whammy! Yesterday I went out to the West-End of Glasgow to meet up with an old friend who I haven't seen in almost 2 years. We met online and have probably never met up more than once in any given period of 6 months, so there's plenty of catching up and none of the awkwardness. We went to a place called the Biblocafe - which is a second-hand bookshop and coffee-shop combined. EPIC. It was so cute and comfortable and I loved it so much. It's just a shame it's so far away from my house.
Honourable Mentions - Daily double Scrubs, Gilmore Girls & a bajillion episodes of 30 Rock on the DVR; tea & honey (didn't even know I liked honey!); coffee shops; never quite getting around to what we had planned; and Easter coming up = chocolate!
What's making your week?
Until tomorrow!
Nicola x
No comments:
Post a Comment