I'm having a Holly Golightly moment. Surely this can't be Thursday?
Despite having completely lost track, some highlights of my week have included.
- Tim Minchin - Evan and I bought some last-minute tickets to see Tim Minchin live with the Heritage Orchestra this week, and holy bleep was it worth the scalp tax! Despite paying a premium for not having booked back in September, our seats were decent, the material was new (and, of course, hilarious) and the orchestra absolutely blew the roof off. I've been a fan of the ginge since about 2008 but never managed to see him live until now. If you haven't the chance to see him I recommend picking up his new live DVD. I'm sorely tempted to go to his added date on 8th May.
- High Tea & a chat - High Tea at the Butterfly and the Pig is becoming a weekly expense, but nothing beats tasty sandwiches and some cakey indulgence over a belated catch-up.
- Getting a Haircut - I'm one of those people to whom getting a haircut is like getting a full-body massage or using a hot tub. I make a habit of scheduling my haircuts after big deadlines and stressful weeks - chopping off all that excess weight while decompressing feels sooo good.
- Holidays! - I'm currently off work for almost two weeks (with one day on in the middle), and although I still have a couple of deadlines and things to work on, it's good to be able to cut loose and spend some guilt-free time with Evan. We've also been hitting up the cinema and eating a little too well. Hope you all have a happy Easter weekend!
Et aussi - Catching up on my reading; Vienetta; walking miles through the West End in the sunshine; payday; wrapping up big projects; looking forward to, and not stressing about, the future; book club; Tuborg beer; laughing; and awaiting Bossypants.
What's brightening your Thursday?

4 comments:
That gif! I really need to find a copy/download Cherry Bomb...
I haven't seen it myself yet either. I blame you for all the animated .gifs this beda...
I was first in line at the library for Bossypants, but I am letting my coworker read it first. So it is all mine next week!
Awesome. Mine just arrived this morning, looking forward to getting stuck in!
Post a Comment