Tuesday, April 3, 2012
BED4 Day 3: Humpday
I've been off films lately, and I'm not sure why. It is, in part, a change of environment. It's the switch from readily available free screenings to attending the cinema with a ticket and a friend like everyone else. It's a lack of desirable medium (the XBox broke so Netflix via laptop is my only option at the moment). But it's also something else that I haven't put my finger on yet. Last month I watched only 10 films, but finished as many books. Reading seems more important than writing at the moment, and watching even less so. It's a self-imposed limitation but it can't be allowed to last. That's one of the reasons why I'm blogging every day in April.
I always thought this sort-of cyclical uncertainty and reticence would dissipate over time, but it hasn't. How do you deal with writer's "block"?
Twitter / Tumblr / Uncultured Critic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment