Friday, August 14, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


It has been a bit of a mad week! I still can't get over the fact that it's mid-August already. Seems like the end of July was this past weekend. However there are lots of new things on the horizon and summer isn't over yet! All of these things made my week.

  • New Apartment - We're officially moving out! The past few days have been chock full of signing things, shopping around, building furniture, and trying to work out what on earth we need. I love getting everything organised and watching the place take shape. Hopefully everything will be in place by this weekend.
  • Internship - After sending in an application and sample article, I got an offer for the writing internship that I've been after for a few weeks now. It's for 12 weeks with a new travel guides website. I'm so stoked to get my first assignment and start building my portfolio.
  • Meteor Showers - The annual Perseid meteor shower has been peaking recently, so my boy and I have sat out on the porch for the past couple of nights to watch it. Although we didn't catch the peak of several shooting stars per minute, we did see some of the bigger, more colourful displays. The weather is perfect here at night-time. Supplemented with beer, good conversation, and shooting stars: Perfect.
  • &... a big old unexpected & unplanned party; Snickers ice-creams; lots and lots of iced tea; new flat excitement; a good shower after a long, hot day; lots of new movie anticipation; gin; fruit & nutella; Craig Ferguson, Murkus Zusak & lots of new books.
What brightened up your week?

Photo.

1 comment:

Becky Jean said...

Awww. I'm jealous about the meteor shower, There was no way I could be awake between 3 and 6 that morning to see it.

I went browsing around the travel website. It looks really cool. I liked the DC one. Having been there before it's good, but a few of my fave places aren't on it. But then again they're out of the way and a little kitschy.