
What a week! The road trip down to San Diego and lack of internet connection scuppered my attempts at Tilt last week, but this past week has brought lots of Things to Love.
- Comic Con - But of course! It was my first time, and since I had a press pass I had all the more reason to go to the big events and have a nose around the press rooms. I had an amazing time, met some people in lines, met up with a UCSB friend, and hung out with a bunch of new people. It reinforces John Green's comments that the difference between nerds and everyone else is that nerds aren't afraid to get excited about "stuff". Although I'm not into comic books or video games, the film panels were amazing and I saw some incredibly awesome people, including John Lassater (you know how much I adore Pixar), Hiyayo Miyazaki, Tim Burton, Robert Downey Jr, Don Cheadle, David Tennant... I could go on!
- The Press Experience - Yes, I do go on, but it was pretty exciting. I've done interviews for student films and things before, but this was a new experience. I had an awesome one on one with the creator of lonelygirl15 that was so amazing to me, and I definitely feel like I got into the swing of things.
- San Diaaaago - What a beautiful downtown you have! I'm always comparing cities to each other, but San Diego was, for me, a smooshing together of Glasgow and Vancouver, plus lots and lots of sunshine. It's a very modern city, the bar and restaurant culture is vibrant, and the weather is amazing. Who can argue against California's coastal cities? I loved it.
- Sunshine! - OMG I got a tan! I. Got. A. Tan! Well, okay, technically I'm mostly burnt, but lots of moisturiser is turning it brown. I know, I'm very proud too.
- Home Sweet Home - Even if it is 105F, sometimes the best thing a long trip can do is remind you how great it is to sleep in your own bed, grab food out of the fridge and sit in a comfy chair for hours with no regard as to the time. Brilliant.
- Tweeting away all week; phoning home; snickers ice-creams, animal-style fries; watching the guys play century; heaping bowls of fresh fruit; long walks; good food; "callammmayyy boyyy"; baseball tonight; midnight film releases; late-night; failing miserably at Jeopardy; feeling completely and utterly happy.
3 comments:
Hey,
Wow, I envy you. Your road trip sounds totally amazing and being part of the press, again, I'm jealous.
I'm glad you're having a great time :D Comic Con seemed to be amazing! One of the best places for Nerds to be, I suppose :)
Oh I do love San Diego. It is just so beautiful there. I have a lot of family in California so I know you must be loving it there.
That is really great about Comic Con. I was so excited for you that you got to be a part of it. I'm glad it was all great.
Post a Comment