Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Cutest Things


Photo.


Let me preface this by saying that I have never really liked kids. Occasionally they can be kind of cute, but the rest of the time, if I see a child throwing a tantrum, I laugh. It may sound sick and twisted, but that's just me.

So, today I was at In-n-Out with my boyfriend, and i noticed that one lady had had the staff cut her burger in half, with each side individually wrapped. I pointed it out, saying, "that is so cute... it reminds me of when you see old men at the park with their adorable wee cucumber sandwiches cut into 4 little squares."

Evan was highly amused at how cute I found this. I told him that when I see older men or dorky looking guys eating alone, I always get this overwhelming urge to give them a hug. There's something even more touching about this miniature foodstuff that I find so utterly charming that it makes my grin and want to cry simultaneously.

I guess I have that maternal instinct in me after all. If you're an old or lonely-looking man and need to cut up your food... I really, really want to take care of you. I do.

What strange instincts have you noticed about yourself lately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way as you. I really don't like little kids that much, i don't know what to do with them...i think it might be because i'm an only child and i was never around or had to take care of little siblings.
xoxo,
Micaela

Ana said...

I'm noticing that I'm crying for everything and for nothing. I watch Oprah and when she gives families a reason to smile and cry of happiness, I cry of happiness. I was never like this, and now I am. I actually think it's good in a way.

Unknown said...

Micaela - that's a good point. I have a younger brother but I mostly went through all that middle child syndrome stuff!

Lo - I know right! I've been pretty bad for that lately too. Damn hormones ;)