It's a little late, but better late than never, right? I've caught my eighth wind today (or thereabouts!) and all of the stress and worry of these past couple of weeks has lifted. It feels fandabby.
This week I have been loving:
+ Teamwork — I was worried about the group-work aspect of this year, but have been lucky and my group has a really good dynamic. It's been time consuming and a completely different kind of work than I'm used to, but I've enjoyed it and I'm learning a lot about my strengths. We finished the final cut of our first project tonight and there was much rejoicing.
+ Not sabotaging the film project — I had some pretty bad luck with my production classes last year, but everything went pretty well on the whole. But I still have the tape in my possession so perhaps I shouldn't speak so soon . . .
+ My new hair colour — I dyed my hair dark brown earlier this week and it went a very black shade of black. Very goth. It was a bit of a shock to the system but now it has toned down a bit and I really love it.
+ Reading reading reading— I've updated my 50 Books Challenge post. By page two of The Bell Jar I was kicking myself for not having read it sooner. Paper Towns was absolutely fantastic - stop making me have to recommend John Green and get on it already! Looking for Alaska remains my favourite, but I'll definitely be re-reading Paper Towns sometime soon. Currently reading The Alchemist, which many have professed to be life-altering. We shall see.
+ Mid-semester! — This week is mid-semester, which presents itself in the form of seeing the boy for a whole entire week! Also going home, chilling out, drinking lots of tea, reading, sleeping, writing & never having to do anything alone. I can't wait!
+ Songs of the Week!
Julia Nunes' new album - I Wrote These, especially First Impressions
Feist - The Park
Belle & Sebastian - For the Price of a Cup of Tea
The Decemberists - Days of Elaine
Honourable Mentions
Quoting Rejected every quiet moment on the golf course while shooting; missing lectures which magically turned out to be cancelled; credit notes; chalet party with old halls-mates & hilarious exchange students & fellow film nerds, amazing crepes & somehow saying the right thing at the right time whenever I entered a room; seeing Star Wars for the first time (I know).
Have a lovely week! x
1 comment:
Post a Comment