Friday, September 4, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


I'm currently camping out. Not literally, but to keep from the realisation that summer is drawing to a close and it's time I did something with my sorry self. But it's hard with distractions like these...
  • Writing a list of month-to-month adventures and accomplishments for 2009 so far. It made me feel a lot better about where I stand, and I highly recommend you try it.
  • Getting a haircut. I have a lot of hair, so watching all that weight fall away is liberating.
  • Finally getting some personal space.
  • Inglourious Basterds. I can't believe I waited so long! It was amazing. And I can finally read that Sight & Sound article about it from back in June(!)
  • Good books that really make you think about how to write. (I am an absolute Hemingway convert.)
  • Tons of fresh food... and animal fries from In-n-Out.
  • DVRing Gilmore Girls again! It's my guilty pleasure.
  • Anticipating a cold snap. The central valley is dropping to 92F this weekend! Break out the thermals.
  • Becoming more like my mum each day.

More content on the way this week, I promise!

What have you been doing to battle the end-of-summer blues?


Photo.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a haircut. Desperately. Secretly, I want to chop it all off. But, in the end I'll be too chicken to do it.

I should try the list of accomplishments and adventures. I could see how that would be beneficial especially to one's self esteem.

The Curious Cat said...

Animal Fries?! Do explain...? Just also dropping by to say I gave you a little blog award - nothing major but take a look - hope you don't mind? xxx

Becky Jean said...

I like the accomplishments/adventures idea. And sorry about all the heat. It hasn't been above 75F for over a week here. I walked to work Monday and could see my breath. It's been an odd summer weather wise, for sure!

Becky Jean said...

Re: your comment on my blog. I've been an avid tea drinker since middle school! I had an electric tea kettle all through college. The one I bought at the sale was to replace the one my grad school roomie always had on the stove. My only problem with an electric one now is absolutely no countertop space in my kitchen. :(

The Girl said...

I think I'm a bit too scared to write down accomplishments and adventures - it might depress me too much!!

I too need a haircut, last time I went was the beginning of April (I know shame on me) but an appointment is scheduled for the beginning of October so I just need to hang on a little bit longer.

I'm beating the end of summer blues by putting on a jumper and celebrating the beginning of autmmn/winter!

Unknown said...

@Jackie - Do it! It feels sooo good, and it will always grow back eventually ;) haha.

@Curious Cat - I'd just clicked on your blog before I read your comment-- thank you! It's my first ever =) well pleased, you made my day so thank you. Oh, and animal fries are an in-n-out speciality: fries, melted cheese on top, then grilled onions and thousand island dressing, and you mix it all up together. Sooo fat but they're delicious nonetheless!

@Becky - lucky you! Back home it's been raining pretty much since I left, so I'm secretly glad not to be in Scotland, even though I miss it. Kettles are a mooch on space but having a stovetop one bugged me.

@TheGirl - So envious you can wear a jumper! I know I'll be whinging when I'm home and it's cold but right now lazing in a hoodie sounds awesome. If anything, making a list might make you want to pursue all the other things you've been meaning to get around to?

julie said...

I agree about the haircut! My theory is that problems always get stored in the tip of your hair... cutting everything is the greatest therapy ever.

The Sequin Cat said...

Yay to finally getting personal space! Living in Paris is driving me batty at the moment