Thursday, June 4, 2009

Things I Love Thursday



(Image found here.)



I'm such a Holly Golightly; Thursdays keep creeping up on me. I need someone to keep tabs on the days for me and warn me on a Wednesday evening that Thursday is approaching fast. It would make life that teensy bit better! So what's up in my life this week?

FINALLY getting my grades! - I've been waiting with baited breath for almost a month now, and they were finally published online today. Turns out I got a 1A for my dissertation (highest grade possible!), which means I'll get first class honours overall. Seriously chuffed with myself, and I'm rapidly running out of people to tell! Nobody likes a gloat, but I simply do not care.

Celebratory dinners - The impromptu kind, in particular. Just had a lovely meal with the family and an epic waffle with caramelised banana and chocolate sauce to finish. Deeelish!

Productivity - I've been spending far too much time worrying and not enough time actually doing something about it. Since I found out last night that the grades were on their way, I managed to get focused, knuckle down, and get some writing done. More posts to come as a result, which I hope you are looking forward to as much as I am! I miss posting regularly but haven't been putting in the time or energy. I promise that's about to change! =)

Things to look forward to! - It's now 2 weeks until my boyfriend visits, 3 weeks until my graduation and grad ball, and 4 weeks until I go back to the States. I've bought everything I need (I think!) so now I can finally relax and look forward to it. I can't wait!

Honourable Mentions - How did I manage to forget this?! So much stuff!.. Hanging out with my former flatmate who has just moved to Glasgow; exercising my right as a citizen and voting in the European Parliamentary elections; sunny & warm weather - first properly warm weather we've had in a full year!; being all organised for grad ball; cheeky waiters; reading lots and lots and lots of books; cheap wine, bring a bottle, and ending up at a party with strangers; the final Britain's Got Talent shows (I can't help it!), and finally feeling freeeee!

What's filling your week with awesome?

3 comments:

Autumn Hill said...

Yay for voting! And cheeky waiters. I love tables that let me be cheeky with them. Those are my favorite to wait on. It's best with middle aged men and their wives. The women love it when you give their men a hard time.

And you always have the best pictures on your blog. How do you find all those?

Lesley Myrick said...

Congrats on the wonderful grades! That is quite an accomplishment. :)

Unknown said...

Autumn - haha, I'll bet! Reminds me of when I was in Red Robin a while back, and there was a middle-aged guy there with his 80-odd year-old dad and he was having some great banter with the waitress. Glad to hear it's a bit of fun on the other end too! haha.

Thanks Lesley! =D