
(Image via Uros Petrovic.)
+ Finishing University! - I finally finished editing my dissertation on Tuesday night, and then got it bound and handed in yesterday. It was a bit of an anti-climax... I felt more parts exhausted and sore than parts elated and excited for the future. It's all a bit uneventful yet overwhelming - but I'm pleased with what I turned in and I'm glad to be able to do my own thing now!
+ Film & Media Party! - Every year, my department holds a screening of the students' final projects for the semester, and then throws a party for us afterwards. It sound like the most amazing night and I'm really, really excited for it. Even more excited for this than the graduation ball!
+ Hectic Banter - Everyone has been absolutely run off their feet this week, but all of my film friends that I keep running into still find time to say hi and have a quick catch up before tootling back off to the computer labs. What a lovely, friendly bunch.
+ New Books - I know, I know, but I can't help it. I exchanged my dissertation texbook for The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Only about 28 books left on my to-read list(!) I also started reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera and am enjoying it immensely.
+ Moving Out - There is only so much one can take when it comes to breeze-block interiors and only concrete, rough-cast walls to gaze at from the window. I can't wait to get away from everyone's rubbish music and drunken wailing and back to my cosy bedroom at home. I'm quite done with student accommodation - it's so surreal that I only have to put up with it for more two nights!
Honourable Mentions: Awaiting my hard-bound dissertation; anticipating trying on my graduation ball dress; heavy rain when you're warm indoors; free lifts; packing!; a steep incline in Tumblr likes; shiatzus and hair-cuts; getting an article published without having errors edited in!; Zac Efron & girly chats, & 10p choc ices.
What do you love this Thursday?
5 comments:
I love going out on the streets and know that I won't need a coat; I love listening to Jack Johnson; I love friends who are honest with me and prove that they're worth trusting; I love that you finally posted a blog :) xx
It's two weeks into my summer vacation, and I haven't even started any delightful summer reading. Your post reminded me to do so!
This week I loved...
The weather. Oh goodness, the weather! And cuddling with my cat every night before I fell asleep.
Lo - Lucky! The weather here has been mental: hailstones, sunny for 10 mins then more rain! Jack Johnson is great summer music =) Love your list!
Jackie - That is so cute! I have a cuddly cat too but he only wants attention when you're busy with other things, haha.
Ok, so it's no longer Thursday, but what I love today...
-My grandparents. My grandmother turned 91 today. If I have half as much energy and fire as she does at 91 I'm set! My grandpa will be 89 in July. I just adore them.
-My extended family get togethers. We get together for holidays and random weekends. We all gather at my aunt and uncle's house. All like 20ish of us. Most of my cousins are married, and there are 3 little great grandkids running around. But the family is so close and we love just hanging out. I never realized how uncommon that is until I got older. :)
-Watching people graduate. I got to sit on the faculty side for the first time and it was odd, but still fun to watch everyone cross the stage and be so excited. :)
Yay for finishing school! That feels AWESOME.
I love that I will be PUPPY-SITTING this weekend! I am so excited to have a dog for a few days. Happy weekend! :)
Post a Comment