I have returned from the deep dark depths of the internet (aka my other blog, Uncultured Critic) to share with you some of my favourite quotes!
I've been loving this website, Quotables, which is a database of quotations. It is a fantastic resource and -- finally -- a place to keep all of my quotes in one place! Full disclosure: I'm interning on the project; but most certainly not for want of a better job. You should also check out the Quotables blog for lots of fun, themed quotations.
These are all my favourite quotes about inspiration, life, and overcoming adversity.
The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job, ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say "no" - they might not be smart enough to say "yes".
— Keith Olbermann
Enjoy what you can, and endure what you must.
— Goethe
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
— F. Scott Fitzgerald
What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning.
— Charlie Chaplin
If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.
— Anonymous
What are your favourite quotes?

2 comments:
Wonderful quotes - I love them - will check out those links...and I'll come back to you on my favourite quotes...I used to have tons but they have all evaded me right now... xxx PS Good to have you back - I'm on a little break myself...just reading....no writing at the mo. xxx
Thank you! I've been enjoying reading about your adventures - sorry I haven't been commenting. Hope you are well x
Post a Comment