Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wishful Thinking


My ideal workspace would look something like this (on the right). Cardigan and all. Simple, sparse, clean, and just the right amount of desk space. No distractions. Even the tote and the fact that it's an attic space are perfect. I'd wake up in the morning, make myself some coffee and breakfast, grab a bag of essentials and troop on up the staircase. Bringing supplies would make the loft my workspace, and downstairs my home. No benign wandering to see what's on the TV; no unplanned trips for tissues or another cup of tea. Once you're in, you're in.


What is your perfect workspace?


[Credit to Elanor Jane for the picture and therefore the idea!]

5 comments:

Marie said...

Somewhere with internet that wouldn't let me go on Facebook, Youtube, etc.

The Curious Cat said...

I'd love my own special workspace. Lots of light. A plain tiled floor that wouldn't mind paint being spilt on it, an easel, a radio (bbc radio 2), a kettle, a mug, some paints and my lap top somewhere else for communication and writing -maybe a bean bag for curling up on at times... Oh and a wall for collecting and pinning up ideas. And a radiator to keep out the cold! Not so minimalist but I'm imagining this room to be rather big! How are you today missy?! xxx

Madeleine Miranda said...

I quite like my office area: a huge glass table, looking out of the window...
The pics are lovely!

Unknown said...

Marie - Ugh, definitely! Suck timesucks.

Curious Cat - Sounds great! I hadn't thought of a tea station =) I'm great thanks, how are you?

Madeleine - Good to hear from you! Combining those, a full-length windows would be amazing.

Daisy said...

Yes this is perfect ! I would have to have a kettle in there though !so that I could make cups of tea to keep me going!